About Self-Love

12:12


Hello lovies and happy Valentine's day.

If you're in a relationship, I hope you'll spend a wonderful day with your special someone. If you're single, I hope you'll spend a wonderful day loving yourself.

I know that people, whether they show it or not, can get a little frustrated around Valentine's day because everything seems to be about love. But love isn't simply about being with someone, it's just as much about loving and cherishing yourself.

Before I was in a relationship, I used to struggle with self-love, too. I still do, now. It doesn't change because somebody else loves you, it just gets easier sometimes. However, when I feel bad about myself, I even skip date-nights and treat myself to a pamper night in. In this post I want to share with you what I like to do on those nights to feel a little more content and happy with myself.


1. Yoga
Yoga is my number one thing to do when I feel anxious or sad. I am by no means a yoga expert, which is why I like to go on youtube. I try to listen to my body to figure out what kind of yoga I want to do, so for example if I feel tightness in my hips, I will search for 'hip opening yoga'. My favorite yoga channel is Yoga with Adriene. Not only does she show wonderful exercises that really tackle the areas I'm working on, but she is also a lovely, uplifting woman who will make you smile and even giggle during your practice. I promise, her videos will leave you feeling much more content.

2. Shower
After my yoga practice, I like to take a long shower. I will use all of my favorite products and really take the time for things that might fall short during regular days, like a hair mask for example. The same goes for my after shower skincare. Really try using the time to make yourself feel pretty and relaxed.

3. Healthy Dinner (in bed)
On bad days, I like to eat more healthy than usual. I do this because I feel like bad food makes me feel dissatisfied and gross. I will therefore usually make a salad and a big cuppa tea and take those to my room to cuddle up on my sofa or in bed just because it's more comfortable and it feels like that's where I want to be on a bad day.

4. Relax
... and by relax I mean to do anything that gets your mind off of things you are worrying about. For me it's either reading, watching an episode of my favorite series or listening to an audio book.

5. Journal
Journaling is so important to me when I have a lot on my mind. I don't journal regularly, but when I feel overwhelmed or unhappy, I feel like writing down what it is that I'm worrying about helps me to clarify my thoughts and to find a solution to any problem I might have.

6. Cry
It is okay to cry. In fact, a lot of the time I feel like I have to cry in order to get the sadness off my chest. Holding in your tears will only make you feel worse, so let it all out.

8. Sleep
Finally it is super important to have a good night's sleep. Remember that it was just a bad day, it's not a bad life. A new day will bring new feelings, new thoughts and new experiences and what worries you that night is not going to worry you forever.

So to anyone out there who might feel lonely, sad or unhappy today (or on any other day for that matter), make that day about yourself. It is okay to cancel dates, meetings or any other obligations if it's beneficial to your own well-being.
I hope this post is helpful to some of you. Let me know what you think! x

Lots of Love,

Frederika



You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. I love yoga, also by no means am I an expert but I love flowing on my mat whenever I can =o) I always feel so much better after just a few minutes =o)

    http://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Me too! It's my favorite way to relax :)

      Löschen